Monday, September 10, 2012

Lepo se Imaj Amerika


Hey all friends and fam!

How's life going on? It's getting cooler here in Utah and still hot in the day and dryer than the inside of a toaster. But you know what? That doesn't matter much anymore! Why? Because I'm leaving in less than a week!!!!! Woooo hooo!!!!!

So the four of us going to the North Adriatic (my district) got our travel plans last Thursday!! Here's the scoop: We report to the travel office on campus at 8:00 a.m. (yay for not having to wake up earlier than normal!... we always wake up at 6:30 a.m. every day), then our flight leaves SLC at 11 a.m. for Chicago. One time zone and three hours later, we arrive at 3pm Chicago time. Thennnnn we leave Chicago at 5:45 p.m. to fly through seven time zones and arrive in Munich Germany at 9:50 a.m. German time!! (you can do the math on the flying time. All I know is it's just A LOT... then we have a nice little hourish layover until we leave at 11:30 a.m. to make the comfy hour flight to Zagreb Croatia landing around 12:40 p.m.! to be picked up by the Mission President, and probably sleep for a billion hours trying to catch up on losing 8 hours of time. Yeah, we arrive just before 1 p.m. Zagreb time, feels like just before 5 a.m. to our bodies. THAT will be fun!!!......

But really, I'm so super excited to leave! This is what I've been waiting for! The opportunity to go to Slovenia to meet the people being prepared to meet me, and having the chance to get to know them, hear about their lives, and help them. The language has been better and better. At this point, it's all kind of just learning more and more words until I know enough, and applying grammar principles. I'm still probably not going to know a single word anyone says to me the first week, and everyone will probably be asking me to repeat a million times, but that's ok!!! I can learn quickly! And I'll have a new companion who's been there a while, knows what he's doing (hopefully), and is fluent to correct the language mistakes I've made.

But what does all of this mean? This means letters have a much smaller chance to make it to me before I leave next Monday (start using the Croatia address hint hint ;-) ) AAAAnd it means the letters I send back to ya'll will now have fancy Slovene postmarks and stamps on them!

Regardless, time at the MTC however has been amazing. I have grown and learned so much about who I am, what I have the potential to become and learn and do, and about the eternal truths the soul craves. Everything which is good comes from God. (Alma 5:40) We are often passively led by God to do good. I would encourage everyone to take a look at this short youtube series here on light by Elder Bednar. It explains what I just said far more clearly than I ever could.

If nothing else, know this. I know that God is real Jesus Christ lives and the same doctrine (or light/truth) and church Jesus established and taught in the New Testament is restored and on the Earth today, whom He leads.
Hope all is doing well. Not sure if I'll have an email next week or not, but expect not.
Hear from ya'll soon from across the pond!!

-Starešina Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment